Located in East Kelowna about nine kilometres from downtown near the top of Spiers Road, this little gem is part of your upcoming wine tour and cannot be missed. Spierhead is an estate winery with a distinctive outdoor space and welcoming tasting room. You’ll notice the bright, Okanagan candy-apple red picnic tables that are an ideal resting space to munch on lunch and unscrew a bottle. Yes, this area is licensed.
Surrounded by lush vineyards and impressive homesteads, it’s well worth the time to sit and their picnic tables. Spierhead is one of those off-the-beaten path destination wineries that provides value for money and a good variety of delicious wines in a lush and comforting location. They also offer complimentary appetizers during their “Foodie Friday” events.
- Their rosé is like candy. We call it vitamin R.
- Their pinot gris and chardonnay are second and third best, respectively
- Their pinot noir goes with everything and is supreme and delicious
Spierhead Winery is near the top of Spiers Road on the bench lands. No busy highway traffic nor trucks rumbling by. The tasting room is immersed in a gentle slope bench land carpeted with rich grape vines. For cyclists, it’s located on a Kelowna bike path. 3950 Spiers Road, Kelowna, BC, V1W 4B3
Tours are offered through Distinctly Kelowna Tours and When you find yourself in that area this wine season its good to know
- Best New Winery of the Year, BC Wine Awards in 2012
- Number One Pinot Noir in Canada, Wine Access magazine in 2012
- Chardonnay was awarded, Top 100 Wines of the Year
- Spierhead’s first Rosé was awarded Double Gold as the top Rosé in the competition at the 2013 All-Canadian Wine Championships
- Spierhead’s 2012 Pinot Gris was the only Pinot Gris to be awarded a gold medal at the 2013 B.C. Wine Award