Twice a year we do our wine tour of the Okanagan and return with $600+ worth of the good stuff.
We’ve toured the big ones (Mission Swill) but we prefer the smaller, boutique styled wineries and always find just what we need in the southern Okanagan – from Naramata to Osoyoos and east to Keremeos.
Anyone who says “Burrowing Owl is my favourite” really needs to increase their range – and palate. There are better wineries with better value.
Such as Hidden Chapel Winery.
With names like Holy Smoke and Shotgun Wedding, this little winery a few minutes north of Oliver is a must-visit. Truly blessed.
Dog lover? I’m not. But Max, their friendly German Shepard is their lethargic mascot who likes his wine too.
Hidden Chapel Wines in Our Collection
- Trilogy – a Bordeaux style, the offspring of ripe berries & dark chocolate.
- Nuns On The Run – a syrah/cabernet blend, full bodied & voluptuous
- Shotgun Wedding – cabernet sauvignon full berry, chocolate and espresso flavours
- Holy Smoke – made from Malbec grapes; smoky nose, juicy plum & blackberry
- St Nick – delicious and rich with cranberry flavours; pairs perfectly with turkey or on its own
- Blushing Bride – cab sauv & riesling with spashes of Malbec, cab and franc. Burstingwith strawberries, summer berries.
- White Wedding – sauvignon blanc/viognier/riesling; fresh citrus and gooseberry flavours
- The Flying Nun – dry, crisp sauvignon blanc great with tangy goats cheeses and buttery seafood
- St Vincent – riesling/viognier fruity and floral
Tasting Room & Wine Shop
Open early April to mid October from 10am to 6pm. Off Season, call 250-490-6000 for appointment.
Our visit was in May 2013. www.HiddenChapelWinery.com