Date – Saturday, September 13
Distance – 10k
Time – 55.13
Place in Division – 52/87
Place in Gender – 455/694
Start/Finish Location – Cambie & Georgia at Stadium Skytrain Station
- It was the first time running this race and first time running with a partner: Ms. Marianne Demchuk, long-term loyal friend.
- Beautiful weather, lots of food at the finish, good value, great course right through cracktown and Gastown.
- Bonus – no strollers, no dogs, no amateurs, and few kids.
- The joke is: it’s an obstacle course and we’d be leaping over shopping carts, dodging dirty needles, and avoiding homeless (the very people this race intends to support).
- We did see two hookers around Powell & Hawks. One of them was still there, under the bridge, on the route back fiddling with her make up compact.
- We saw several sketchy homeless like individuals.
- We witnessed a domestic between a drugged out dude and his girl: “Curtis you owe me an apology, you expletive!” “Expletive off you stupid expletive!” This was at 9am on a Sunday.
- We ran past the Oppenheimer Park tent encampment where some emerged from their dirty hovels to cheer, rant about their occupy movement and ask to like them on Facebook.
Next run in the OMG Running Series: 5k Night Race